- Broadband Summit
Hosted by the Door County Economic Development Corporation
May 8, 2013
Click here or on image to read more and view the Agenda.
Door County has been very fortunate to have some fairly significant telecommunications infrastructure and service upgrades in recent months. This Broadband Summit is a day to celebrate and promote the infrastructure and service upgrades in Door County and debut the new telecommunications layer on the Door County GIS Map.
The Summit a day-long event, open to the public, with three roundtable presentations at locations around the County:
- 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. | Roundtable at Crossroads at Big Creek, Sturgeon Bay
- 1:30 - 3:30 p.m. | Roundtable at Bertschinger Center, Egg Harbor
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. | Roundtable at Sister Bay Fire Station
Read about the County's efforts to address high-speed telecommunications gaps and a new strategic economic plan that serves as a pathway to the future economic growth in the County: "Creating a Technology Advisory Council to Advance High Speed Connectivity in Your Community."
- 2013 Broadband Planning Symposium
Hosted by the Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and the LinkWISCONSIN Initiative
April 4-5, 2013
Click here or on image to read more.
The 2013 Broadband Planning Symposium was part of the LinkWISCONSIN initiative to make Wisconsin more competitive through improved availability, adoption and use of broadband technology.
The Symposium brought together diverse stakeholders and provide an opportunity to build partnerships, explore various broadband planning efforts and facilitate future collaboration on additional steps that can be taken to work toward a common goal of enhancing broadband across the state.
The Symposium goals were to:
- Bring together diverse stakeholders in the broadband planning process.
- Explore action items in Wisconsin’s Broadband Playbook.
- Consider strategies and timelines for moving forward with regional broadband plans.
- Raise awareness about the LinkWISCONSIN initiative and the tools that can be used for broadband planning and policy making.
View the Symposium Agenda.
Read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Symposium.
Webinar for Municipalities & Communities
Hosted by Broadband Communities Magazine Online
The Advantages of Fiber for Economic Development
Broadcast Aug. 24
Click here or on image to view.
FCC Webcast on Form 477 Compliance
Form 477 Compliance
Broadcast July 15
Click here or on image to view.
BroadbandUS TV Webcast on Broadband - The Year in Review
Broadband in America:
The Year in Review;
What Lays Ahead
Click on image and follow "Webcast Archives" in right-hand column to view.
BroadbandUS TV hosts Jim Baller and Marty Stern and their guests presented a lively review of 2010, particularly of the FCC's day-old net neutrality decision, and shared some bold predictions for 2011.
- Cecilia Kang | Communications Industry Journalist, The Washington Post
- Art Brodsky | Communications Director, Public Knowledge
- Jeffrey Silva | Senior Policy Director, TMT, Medley Global Advisors
- Scott Cleland | President, The Precursor Group
On February 24, 2010, a workshop was held to learn more about Federal NTIA and RUS grant opportunities available through the BTOP/BIP Round 2 NOFA. Important changes from Round 1 were discussed and providers and others had a good opportunity to ask questions and explore other issues relevant to this important program.
Slides from the workshop
Related Round 2 FAQ
Click on the links below to download audio files from the workshop. For best results, right click on a link, save the file to your computer and open the saved file.
BTOP/BIP Round 2 Webinar
On February 8, 2010, an overview of the BTOP/BIP NOFAs was provided in a webinar hosted by Chris McLean, former Director of the Rural Utilities Service under the Clinton Administration.
Slides from the webinar
On September 30, 2009, a Provider Workshop was held for all broadband providers that had been identified in the State of Wisconsin.
Top of Page
Photo credit: Nick Linden | Door County Fish Boil